We were thrilled this week to get a twitter name check from William Shatner. It’s not often that we get tweets from a genuine global cultural icon (apologies to any Crouch End cultural icons but Captain Kirk is in the premier division as these things go). We wanted to mark the event and local blogger Silver Screen Suppers had the perfect solution and has provided us with a recipe from the man himself – William Shatner Lime Garlic Chicken.
Come into the shop for some our tasty free range chicken that will be perfect for this recipe.
Ingredients for William Shatner Lime Garlic Chicken
Cooking instructions for William Shatner Lime Garlic Chicken
- Rub chicken well with garlic halves, then crush and finely chop the garlic.
- Grate rind from lime; halve lime and rub chicken all over with the cut sides.
- Squeeze the juice of the two half lime pieces into bowl. To that add 1 teaspoon of the grated lime rind and finely chopped garlic. Next add the vermouth, melted butter, salt and freshly ground pepper. Blend these ingredients together.
- Place chicken pieces on lightly oiled rack in broiling (Roasting Dish) pan. Brush well with the lime sauce and broil (roast). Check every 10 to 15 minutes and brush often with more of the lime sauce.
- Cooking time will depend on the heat of your oven and the size of the chicken pieces remember the smaller chunks will cook more rapidly than a whole bird.
- Serve with pan juices mixed with remaining lime sauce, and garnish with lime slices.