A Valentine sharing steak supper will really hit the spot delivering a romantic meal that is really tasty and easy to do at home. What could better than a perfectly cooked steak? We can provide you with the best ingredients so you can make a meal that will be as good as anything you can find in the very finest restaurants. Côte de bœuf is a classic usually served as a meal for two which makes it the perfect treat for a romantic valentines day supper. Cote De Boeuf is considered to be one of the finest steak dishes and a meaty treat for beef lovers and a real treat on February 14th.
We source premium, grass fed, Scotch Beef from Mac Duff Beef. We look for meat that is well marbled and matured on the bone for extra flavour. This produces a succulent, full flavoured product, just right for Cote De Boeuf. You can see more about our beef here >>
Cooking Tips For A Cote De Boeuf Sharing Steak
- Before cooking you need to bring your steak up to room temperature. It is a large peice of meat so allow plenty of time – 30 minutes minimum.
- Pre-heat your oven to 220°C/gas mark 7
- Brush your steak with oil all over then season well with plenty of chunky sea salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Bring a heavy frying pan to a high heat or even better a griddle that will give you attractive char stripes. Allow about 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Alternatively fire up your BBQ and do this over hot coals which is a great way to get a good brown crust and impart some smokey flavours.
- Transfer to the oven and cook for about 20 minutes for rare and another 10 for medium rare.
- Times will vary according to the size of your particular steak. Larger and thicker will cook more slowly than a thinner piece so do check while cooking. If you use a meat thermometer 55C will be medium-rare
- When the steak is cooked to your preferred doneness, allow it to rest for a good 10 minutes so that all the tasty juices distribute internally.
The beef is the main event here so serve simply with chips and salad. It will have plenty of juices so no sauce required but a spoonful of one of these on the side might be perfect – mustard, bernaise sauce, salsa verde or herb butter.