Under the Grill, on the BBQ or Braai, these Spring Lamb Cutlets would be delicious.
Spring Lamb is tender, juicy with a delicate flavour only found at this time of year. We source our lamb from Smithfield Market to bring you the best on offer at any time. If you want to find out more about the lamb we have in the shop have a look here. This recipe would also so work well for a lamb steak cut from the leg or you could also try a loin chop. For those with a larger appetite go for a Barnsley chop which is double the size being two loin chops from both sides of the animal in one peice.
Not only tasty but quick and easy to prepare.
Ingredients for Spring Lamb Cutlets
Allow 2-3 lamb cutlets per person
- Olive oil, Lemon Juice, Salt, Pepper
Method for Spring Lamb Cutlets
- Brush the Lamb Cutlets with a olive oil and season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- With a small amount oil in a frying pan raise to a high heat. First place the Lamb standing up on outside fat edge, use tongs to do this. Once the fat becomes golden place flat in pan.
- Now cook for about 3 mins per side for meat that is just pink. Cook for a couple more mins if you prefer your lamb well done. (This will depend on the thickness of piece). Remove, Then rest for 10 mins before serving.
- Before serving a squeeze of lemon will add a extra citrus freshness. Or for variation why not try serving with some diced chunks of Feta cheese?
You could serve these with some minted new potatoes and salad or try some seasonal vegetables such as Broad beans?
If you would like to know more about the different cuts of Lamb have a look at our guide and get the best match for the recipe you want to cook or how much you want to spend.