Quantities below will feed six people
Ingredients for Snoop Dogg Back Ribs Recipe
2 racks (about 4 lb, 10 oz [2.1 kg] total) pork baby back ribs from Morley Butchers
¾ cup [150 g] packed light brown sugar
1 Tbsp paprika
1 Tbsp garlic powder
1 tsp cracked black pepper
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1½ cups [430 g] barbecue sauce
Ingredients Barbeque Sauce
½ cup [150 g] apricot jam
¼ cup [65 g] ketchup
2 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
Cooking Method For Snoop Dogg Back Ribs Recipe
1. Preheat the oven to 300°F [150°C], with a rack in the middle position. Line a baking sheet with two layers of aluminum foil and set aside.
2. In a small bowl, stir together the brown sugar, paprika, garlic powder, black pepper, salt, and cayenne. Apply the rub to the ribs, coating both sides. Wrap each rack in aluminum foil and place on the prepared baking sheet in a single layer.
3. Place the ribs in the oven and roast for 1½ to 2 hours, testing at 1½ hours for doneness. The meat is ready when it’s tender and easy to pull away from the bone. Remove the ribs from the oven and carefully discard any pork juices from the pan. Leave the racks wrapped and set aside.
4. Preheat the broiler to its highest setting, with a rack in the top position.
5. Unwrap the ribs and brush the top side with a thick layer of barbecue sauce. Place the ribs under the broiler for about 10 minutes, or until deep brown.
6. Remove the ribs and let rest, covered, for 10 minutes. Cut the racks into 2-rib portions. Serve warm with white bread, extra barbecue sauce on the side, and lots of napkins.
This recipe comes from From Crook to Cook: Platinum Recipes from Tha Boss Dogg’s Kitchen by Snoop Dogg (Chronicle Books, £17.99) Click to buy
Image credit: © 2018 Antonis Achilleos and Heather Gildroy