Morley Butchers takes your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to administer your account and to deliver the products or services you have requested from us. Please read this policy carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
When we refer to “you” or “your”, means you as a user of our website morleybutchers.co.uk (“the website”). “we”, “us” or “our” are references to Morley Butchers (a company registered in England and Wales )
This policy only applies to the collection of your personal data by us and the use of that personal data by us and those whom we authorise. It does not cover third party websites to which we provide links. They may have their own privacy policies and/or terms and conditions of use. We encourage you to review those policies if available when you visit those sites. We have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites.
By accessing and continuing to use the Website (as applicable), you accept the terms of this policy. If you do not agree with any of our policy then you should not use the Website.
Customer and recipient personal information
To ensure that we can communicate effectively with both customers and recipients, it is very important that you provide accurate personal information. We do not lease, rent or sell this private information.
During the checkout process, we ask for the following personal information:
- Customer’s email address We use this information to provide a better customer experience by sending order confirmations, substitution information, dispatch and delivery confirmations. We will also use the customer’s email for marketing communications from time to time.
- Customer’s full name and address We use this information for credit and debit card validation.
- Customer’s telephone number We use this information to contact customers in the event of problems with the order such as payment failures or delivery issues and to send a delivery text message.
- Recipient’s full name and address. We require this information in order to deliver the products you have ordered.
What information do we hold about you and how is it collected
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and the fulfilment of your orders
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use and order goods from our Website,
- Subscribing to our mailing list or requesting further goods or services.
- We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us and when you report a problem with our Website.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys / feedback forms that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- We may collect information about your computer or other device, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
- In addition, in common with many other online services, we may use “cookies” or other devices to store and sometimes track information about you. This helps us to provide you with a good experience when you browse our Website and also allows us to improve our Website – See our cookies page here >>
How do we use the information we hold
We use information about you to help us provide you with a more personalised service which is tailored to suit your needs. Your personal data may be used by us to:
- Process any orders you may make and/or provide services including processing payments
- Monitor, develop and improve the Website, goods, services and your experience
- Ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer or device
- Carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
- Allow you to participate in any interactive features of our Website, when you choose to do so
- Keep our Website safe and secure
- Notify you about changes to the Website, goods or services
- Process and deal with any complaints or enquiries made by or about you
- Investigate any suspected breach of our terms and conditions otherwise relating to you and to monitor compliance including by way of checking postings or submissions to the Website and using keyword triggers to investigate usage that may be inappropriate; and/or
- Where you are a prize winner, to administer the competition prize and to publish or otherwise make available a list of prize winners.
Where and only where requested by you by ticking the relevant box when you subscribe and/or register with us we will:
- Send you and keep you updated with information by email or mail about existing and new goods, services, promotions and special offers from us
If you agree to us providing you with this marketing information, you can always opt-out at a later date. To opt-out of receiving any such communications, you can contact us stating that you do not wish to receive further communications from us in the following ways:
- Click on the “unsubscribe” link sent in our email messages and email newsletters
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org writing “unsubscribe” in the subject heading
- Call us on 0208 340 2436
- Write to us at Morley Butchers, 23 Broadway Parade, Crouch End, London, N8 9DE
- This unsubscribe information will also be contained in our email messages and email newsletters.
Where do we store personal data?
Access to your information and updating it
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you (unless it is exempt in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998). If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please send an email to email@example.com. We are entitled to charge up to £10 to administer such request.
Where you register your details for certain goods and services (for example, our email newsletter) and/or open an account with us that you can then use to log on and order goods, you may change or update your user name and password or other details at any time via your account. You must make sure that you update details as soon as possible with any and all relevant changes.
What information do we share with others
We may pass your information to other parties following ways:
- We may pass your personal data to our employees and agents to administer the goods and services provided to you by us now or in the future. For example, we may pass your personal data to our suppliers in order for them to provide you with goods
- We may also share information with companies assisting in fraud protection or investigation. We do not provide information to these agencies or companies for marketing or commercial purposes
- To the police, regulatory bodies or legal advisers in connection with any alleged criminal offence or suspected breach of our terms and conditions relating to you or otherwise where required by law and we will co-operate with any law enforcement authorities, government request or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity of or locate anyone breaching our terms and conditions or otherwise for the prevention or detection of crime or the apprehension or prosecution of offenders.
How we protect your data
We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal data. Where possible we use industry-standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology (look for the green padlock and “Secure” message in your browser address bar). This is to allow for the encryption of:
- potentially sensitive information such as your name and address
- critically-sensitive information like your credit card number
Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Control of your personal data
You may exercise any of the rights described in this section by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please note that we will ask you to verify your identity before taking further action on your request. We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month.
Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
Managing Your Information. You may access and update some of your information through your Account settings.
Correcting inaccurate or incomplete information. You have the right to ask us to correct inaccurate or incomplete personal information concerning you (and which you cannot update yourself within your Account).
Data Access and Portability. You have the right to request copies of your personal information held by us.
Data Retention and Erasure. We generally retain your personal information for a period of ten years after your last active use of our website. If you no longer want us to keep your information, you can request that we erase your personal information and close your account.
Please note that if you request the erasure of your personal information:
a. We may retain some of your personal information as necessary for our legitimate business interests, such as fraud detection and prevention and enhancing safety.
b. We may retain and use your personal information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations. For example, we may keep some of your information for tax, legal reporting and auditing obligations.
c. Additionally, some copies of your information (e.g. log records) may remain in our database, but are disassociated from personal identifiers.
You have the right to limit the ways in which we use your personal information, in particular where (i) you contest the accuracy of your personal information; (ii) the processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of your personal information; (iii) we no longer need your personal information for the purposes of the processing, but you require the information for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims; or (iv) you have objected to the processing pursuant to paragraph 7.7 and pending the verification whether the legitimate grounds of Morley Butchers override your own.
If you have any complaint please get in touch in the first instance and we will try resolve it for you. You have the right to lodge complaints about the data processing activities carried out by Morley Butchers before the Information Commissioner’s Office. In the UK, please read: https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/raising-concerns/ for details of how to do this.
Changes to our policy